Saturday, January 04, 2014

The 2013 Cook Off

I moved 800 miles from NE to MS, but my heart belongs with my three adopted grandchildren.



I always visit school when I'm in town. Aja is ten and in 5th grade. Her class was social studies, and the teacher was talking about plantations. I'd been to Seven Chimneys Farm recently and gave them first-hand information.

Ryker, 11, and Alec, 12, were in writing class. I took Leaning into the Wind and read my story, "Tractor Travels". As aspiring writers, I wanted them see it is possible to get published. Principal Harris introduced himself and asked if he bought a book would I autograph it for the school? You bet!

Ryker, Aja and Alec decided to do a cook off the next day and I was to judge the best.

Aja made a smoothie with frozen raspberries, chocolate chip mint ice cream and whipped cream. Delicious!

Ryker cooked Ramen noodles with his roasted red pepper seasoning and topped each serving with a slice of fresh yellow pepper and fresh parsley leaves. Yummy!

Alec made cupcake cookies with Snickerdoodle cookie dough. While they were still warm, he added white frosting and sprinkles. His Mom said, "You can never have too many sprinkles." They were great!
Judging included originality, presentation, flavor and texture. Since all other contestants had been cut, a $1 prize was awarded to each for winning their category. Yah!!!

Hugs to all. No goodbyes. See you later

2014 Red Convertible Travel Series

No comments: