Saturday, April 13, 2013

Clarksdale,MS Juke Joint Festival

It's Juke Joint Festival Clarksdale, MS time. Google it. People are here from around the world to stay at Hopson's Shackup Inn shackupinn.commingle in the streets, listen to a one man band or a group, eat crawfish, barbecue, catfish, chiliburgers and more. We ate crawfish at Delta Amusement (Google it) and visited with a couple from Alabama. Meeting people is half the fun. I shucked out the leftover crawfish and took them home. This morning I made cheese grits with sauteed onion and green pepper, Ro*Tel and tails. Scrumptious!

Vendors are a source of inspiration. I commend other's creativity. Bryan Weems carves on Cypress knees. He and I agreed we see personalities in them where they grow in the water. He said, "When I pick up a piece of wood, it talks to me." Like Michael Angelo, he carves to let the woods spirit's image out. Three grown together knees stand shoulder to shoulder. Carved, they look like brothers. I'd love to have them in a garden. One carving about 30" tall had two tops. One is the face of Christ in fervent prayer. The other is his praying hands. Nice work. Bryan doesn't have a website yet. If you're interested, leave your contact information and I will pass it on to him.

Artist and Educator, Rosalind Wilcox (Google her) has a studio of original art in many styles and gorgeous handmade jewelry.

Sugar Coated is the new Hands and Feet Beauty Bar on Delta where 225 used to be. It has a soothing, classy feel. I wish them well. No website yet. 

For a listing of events, Google Clarksdale Chamber of Commerce. Maybe we'll see you next year.

2013 Red Convertible Travel Series


No comments: