Monday, March 18, 2013

The Exchange that completed two Circles



This is an original work by George Watson Hall III, "Robin," for short. He is the artist who cleaned the murals in the Saunders County Court House in Wahoo, NE. I received this work in an odd exchange. His wife gave me a Christmas gift at work. In the package I found a pair of turquoise earrings. No one else had anything extra in their gift. She wasn't there to ask.

A couple of days later, Robin called. "The earrings were a gift to my wife from her mother and were accidentally placed in your box. If you would return them, I'll give you one of my works."

"Of course I will, and you don't owe me a thing!" But he did give me this work anyway. And I love it!!!

His wife had another surprise. Many years earlier, she'd found a dainty pinky ring on the streets of Boston. She said it didn't feel like it belonged to her, but she held onto it. Many years before, I'd lost a cherished ring my Aunt Bobbe gave me. I accepted hers. It has a center opal surrounded by amethysts, my birthstone. We were both joyfully satisfied.

Art: George Watson Hall III
Copy: ©2013 Red Convertible Travel Series

No comments: