Saturday, January 26, 2013

At Knit's End

Long ago I taught myself to knit a baby blanket for my first child.  I finished it when I brought the second daughter home from the hospital.  It was a  soft green and a little misshapen, but I finished it.  My knitting was tight.  Corrie's was fluffy as marshmallows.  She was an accomplished pianist.  Nimble fingers make a difference.  I have not knit since.  I did crochet a drawer full of hot pads.

At a book sale, I came across At Knit's End MEDITATIONS for WOMEN who KNIT TOO MUCH by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.  It's just right for a quick read and laugh.  I love her sense of humor.
Checkout her website: www.yarnharlot.com

 Each page starts with a quote.

p.82
I have long been of the opinion that if work 
were such a splendid thing the rich would have
kept more of it for themselves.
                 Bruce Grocott

p.234
Opinion is that exercise of the human
will which helps us to make a decision
without information.
                  John Erskine

p.318
Mi taku oyasin. (We are related.)
                   Lakota Saying

I'm of the opinion that if post-menopausal women were the soldiers, there would be no more war.  They'd be too busy sharing knitting techniques and recipes.

2013 Red Convertible Travel Series


No comments: