Saturday, August 21, 2010

Spinach Balls



My daughter-in-law, Carol, first made Spinach Balls for us. They were so good, JB asked for the recipe. I like to keep them on hand. They're healthy, quick and easy to make.

It is important to buy a good brand of finely chopped spinach. In a hurry, I bought a cheap one and found it stringy with too many stems. We couldn't use it.

Two 10 ounce packages of chopped frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry.
Add 2 cups of Pepperidge Farm herb seasoned dry stuffing crumbs
a dash of dry mustard
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup soft butter
1 cup parmesan cheese.

Mix. Roll into small balls.(I got 42 out of my last batch.)Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet 350 degrees 15"

Spicy Hot Mustard Sauce
1/4 cup dry mustard
1/2 cup white vinegar
Mix and set aside 2-24 hours

Add 1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
Simmer until thick

Can you believe spinach tastes so good?

2010 Red Convertible Travel Series

No comments: