Thursday, May 19, 2005

Saint Teresa of the Child Jesus, The Little Flower

In Saint Peter's Cathedral at Lisieux, France I knelt at an old wooden pew to give thanks, pray, contemplate Saint Teresa's contribution to life, and wonder how saints are made. The air smelled damp, musty. The incense said, "You are in church."

I hoped something magical would happen, and it did. I opened my heart to soak up "the momentum of application," the energy of accumulated prayerful activity. Saint Teresa's gracious, loving presence came through. In my heart I felt, "Copy me. Make room for Him in your life, to live with and walk with you always, careful to stay positive so he can work with and through you for all. Trust God all the time. Love without exception."

copyright 2005 Red Convertible Travel Series

No comments: