Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Great Courses Catalog

My heart soars when TheGreatCourses.com catalog comes. Did you know they offer over 500 courses? I wish there were a at least a dozen of me so I could take many at once. I could time travel to Medieval Europe, Explore the Louvre without sore feet and learn about The Night Sky with stars sans mosquitoes.

On a clear August night, my sister would insist I go with her to the top of Bodley's Hill in Nebraska. We'd spread a blanket, stretch out and watch the meteor showers. They shot every direction. We'd whisper excitedly, "There's another one!" When I've been with her elsewhere and stars were visible, she'd look up with longing, similar to Claire in Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series. I wonder if my sister used to have an address somewhere out there? Hmm, a really distant relative.

I could elaborate on the courses, but I want you to have the joy of studying the catalog, too.

The Great Courses partners with TheCulinaryInstituteofAmerica.com  NationalGeographic.com, and SmithsonianMag.com. This group's work is quality at its best  Thank you one and all.

©2015 Red Convertible Travel Series













No comments: