Monday, April 12, 2010

Thunder or reindeer

Toward evening I was working at the kitchen table when I heard a rumble above. I looked up and out. The sun was shining. Maybe there was a thunder cloud to the south? I heard it again. Time to investigate.

Thunder did not make the noise. There were no reindeer on my roof. But, there were two neighbor girls sitting near the peak of my house peering into the distant east. They couldn't see too far as the trees in the next block are tall, but it was the possibilities that were registered in there gazes.

The mother in me called out, "Get down from there!" The littlest one had on flip flops, not recommended for mountain climbing, but she navigated the roof standing up.

What will they think of next?

2010 Red Convertible Travel Series

No comments: