Monday, June 06, 2005

Marie Tussaud's London Wax Museum

In the cool semi-darkness of the Musuem, the "wax work" makes the Royals and other important people look alive. I expected them to unpose. Up close and personal they're not nearly as large as their importance had led me to believe.

Studying the semi-circle of African leaders I read each name and looked at each face. One, from a country I'd never heard of, grinned back at me. I gasped, turned to strangers beside me and asked if they'd noticed. They nodded equally shaken. Was he alive or was he wax? Even the pores of their skin have been replicated. Shocked, I had to sit down.

Dressed in my black hat, black coat and black boots I was collecting my thoughts when someone bent over to look in my face. I looked up. They gasped and jumped back. Gotcha!

copyright 2005 Red Convertible Travel Series

No comments: