Saturday, May 12, 2018

Jesus used a 6-yr. old to answer my prayer

Earlier this week I made our monthly grocery run to Walmart. My cart was so full, I had to use a second one. I felt like a mule tethered to a one-bottom plow trying to slice into virgin prairie. Where's another mule when you need one?
"Jesus, I need help."
A little boy ahead and to my left turned around and walked straight to me. "Do you need help?"
"Yes."
He looked to his mom. She and I exchanged smiles; she nodded to him it was okay.

Walking to my car, he said, "I'm six years old. I go to Friar's Point Elementary School. I'm graduating from Kindergarten soon."
"That's great! Do you like to read?"
He frowned. "Not so much in school." His eyes widened. "I just read 'Biscuit' by myself!"
"Good for you!"

He intended to unload his cart into my car, but he wasn't tall enough to reach anything. His mom drove up."Do you need some help?"
"That's ok. I 'll get it." Why is it so hard to accept help? "Yes, thank you, I do need help."

It took us ten minutes to empty both carts. We ended with a hug. I thanked her and told her she was doing a great job with her son, and I'd tipped him.

Never underestimate the "Power of Prayer." People helping people = Peace on Earth

©️2018 Red Convertible Travel Series

No comments: