Tuesday, March 13, 2018

My Pineapple Ministry

I loved it when Kroger's had imported, fresh pineapple. If they were too green, I let them rest on the counter and turned them daily. When the hide began to soften and I could smell the pineapple, I cut the top off and planted it outside. (It would last through warm weather.) Turned on it's top, on a saucer, allowed the juice to make its way down to the top. 

It's a fragrant messy moment
slicing the outside off 
Note the hearts
the cakes are made with love



There are many recipes for pineapple upside down cake. My favorite is the recipe that uses buttermilk. I make the 10" pineapple upside down cake in my cast iron skillet. Sometimes I make two 8", or four 4", or use a round cake pan. I've made so many, more than 60. We enjoy them and they've been wonderful gifts for family and friends. I've mentioned how good they were and someone would say, "I wish somebody would make me one." So I did. Making money isn't my motive. Pineapples represent Hospitality. It's worth the effort just to see people smile and feel blessed. 

©2018 Red Convertible Travel Series





No comments: