Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yazoo Pass Bistro @ 207 Yazoo Ave

Home alone, I didn't eat highly nutritious, microwaveable macaroni and cheese, I investigated Clarksdale's new downtown restaurant, Yazoo Pass.

Housed in a former retail store, the entire front is glass. Diners are welcomed to comfortable booths, tables and chairs, and a long, sturdy, raised table that can seat fourteen with stools. At noon it filled up fast with a mixed-age crowd.

I bought the last piece of Quiche Lorraine. Perfect! And I told the Manager so.

They serve soups, salads and sandwiches from 7 AM until 9 PM. I had the small salad and liked that the veggies were chopped small. Kids from 1-100 enjoyed the top-your-own, $.45 an ounce frozen yogurt with a variety of nuts, crumbled cookies, candies, sprinkles and syrups. I had chocolate with Oreo bits and slivered almonds. Yum!

Breakfast offers include bagels, croissants or breads with eggs, bacon, natural black forest ham, and or, swiss, cheddar or provolone cheese; an oatmal bar, french toast with pure maple syrup and homemade granola.

There is an espresso bar. Come summer, I want to try their smoothies: strawberry, banana, mango or peach.

The price and quality is comparable to Panera's. I will be a regular. Check it out!

2012 Red Convertible Travel Series

No comments: